The TaylorMade Golf MG2 Wedgeis a great wedge and very smooth.it Seems a little heavy compared to another wedge and it is the second generation of the very popular type that has been around for years. In this article, Golfdent.com discusses what to acknowledge.
TaylorMade first released Grind wedges in 2017, and the Milled Grind 2 range improves on the original with stunning satin chrome and matte black options. It’s invented with Alloy Steel Material.
TaylorMade’s Grind 2 range has improved spin, control, and feel. In the second edition, more defined technology is featured, with the Raw Face design being the key element to improving performance over time.
TaylorMade has the following to say about the Milled Grind 2 wedges:
“The all-new Milled Grind 2 wedges combine precision-milling with Raw Face Technology designed for an increased spin, precision and feel.
“While the face rusts over time, the rest of the head will maintain its original finish.
“MG2’s face features several innovations engineered to maximize spin. The ZTP RAW Groove Design is engineered for a more greenside spin, with sharper, narrower, and deeper grooves in the face, as well as laser etching.
“The milling process maximizes consistency, maintaining tolerance levels difficult for a human to repeat.
“Available in both matte black and satin chrome, this wedge is designed to suit the eye of any golfer’s style.”
- Excellent control and backspin to get the ball close to the pin. For an amateur, it’s very forgiving.
- Golfers like the weight, and it gives me great control over my short game. That’s a great club.
- An excellent short-distance club. It’s simple to hit.
- It appears to be a little heavy in comparison to other older wedges.
- It is not of standard design.