Golf is one of the craziest yet highly rewarding games, which isn’t easy to master. But if you are using the wrong irons while playing, you are making the game much harder for yourself. However, you might be getting a lot better, round by round, during various golf events organized around the year if you weren’t putting efforts to improve your speed, swing, etc.
To cover those long winter layoffs, or the cement sand traps, or the aerated greens, or other events that occur during a single round. You would be enhancing your muscles, body movements, eye-hand coordination, etc., to win tournaments. With consistent practice, anybody can improve their performance, but you can train much better when you have the right golf clubs according to your performance level.
You should know that companies in the golf industry are manufacturing golf clubs for every fitness level ranging from beginners to professionals. People often focus on purchasing pro golf clubs regardless of their fitness level, so they end up using the wrong technique and strategy to take their shot. To avoid that, here is the list of the top best irons for high handicap to improve your game.
1. Cleveland Launcher Hb Turbo Iron Set
Cleveland came back with its game-changing club set, the launcher HB turbo irons. These clubs are specially designed for players with low to mid swing speeds. It can help in covering a great trajectory by improving your swing speed. These irons deliver a higher course and maximum forgiveness to improve your game, allowing you to hit longer, accurate shots.
- Each iron features a turbocharged, high-strength steel face for increased ball speeds.
- With its hollow constructions and internal stabilization, you will get maximum forgiveness.
- The company has redesigned the Hibore crown to make it easier for you to hit a long ball flight.
- The progressive hollow shaping delivers a smooth transition.
- It feels and sounds great on a solid contact or a mishit.
- It is available in steel and graphite shaft models.
- It provides plenty of forgiveness, longer distance, and desirable launch angles.
- For some beginners, it might look oversized according to their level.
2. Taylormade SIM 2 MAX Irons
TaylorMade’s SIM 2 MAX irons feature a brand-new cap back design, integrating lightweight polymers and sturdy stainless steel to maximize forgiveness, feel, and distance. A forgiving and fast face provides great flexibility for professionals. The company has engineered the club using an ECHO damping system and a soft polymer blend to provide plenty of contact points.
- With its cap back design, you will get incredible distance, feel, and forgiveness.
- The fast-forgiving face ensures flexibility to provide a great threshold.
- The progressive inverted cone technology maximizes forgiveness and reduces sidespin.
- With its incredible high-quality shaft, you can easily hit a great trajectory.
- The latest cap design helps in improving your game.
- The thru slot technology ensures that you hit better shots even with a mishit.
- The new SIM 2 is sticking to the 2020 tradition.
3. SIM 2 MAX OS Irons
SIM 2 MAX OS combo iron set is the most stable and longest iron introduced by the TaylorMade family, specially designed to deliver maximum forgiveness and distance. You should know that this set is also available in other combos where you can replace some irons with hybrids. These are specially developed to hit higher with mid swing speed.
- The thru-slot technology delivers maximum forgiveness and faces flexibility.
- Each face has a progressive inverted design to optimize forgiveness and reduce the sidespin.
- The ECHO damping system reduces harsh vibrations on a solid hit.
- It reduces the unwanted vibrations during a really strong hit.
- The new cap back design makes it easier for you to improve your game.
- Sometimes it does not deliver enough forgiveness.
4. Callaway Big Bertha B21 Irons
Once again, Callaway introduced its new irons and drivers series, which also features a brand new big Bertha B21 irons. The company has improved forgiveness while ensuring that handicapped golfers could hit a long-distance shot. Despite its looks or design, It will help in improving your game.
- Its legendary design provides incredible forgiveness.
- The visible tungsten energy core ensures a higher drive.
- The flash face cup technology delivers high ball spin and speeds with an engineered face.
- To provide an exceptional feel, it is equipped with urethane microspheres.
- It provides maximum forgiveness and a great launch with an optimal swing.
- Its wider soles ensure incredible launch with minimal spin.
- The company does not offer hybrids in this set.
5. Mizuno JPX 921 Metal Irons
Mizuno has used high-strength irons while producing their clubs. However, you should know that these clubs are only best for those handicapped golfers with low swing speed. So, they began to introduce a new line of clubs for beginners to enhance their game. But with increasing concerns about creating the best irons for high handicap golfers, they introduced the JPX 921 irons to fit the needs of both worlds.
- With three additional sound ribs, it can absorb the vibrations that drive from harmonic impact.
- The additional perimeter stabilizes the frame design.
- The seamless cup face ensures great ball speeds and great flexibility.
- With its Chromoly technology, it delivers more distance and maximizes forgiveness.
- Its sturdy frame is stabilized with an additional perimeter.
- The company does not offer hybrids in this set.
6. Cobra F-MAX Airspeed Irons
When you search for a lightweight iron that is easy to swing, you should not look further than the cobra F-Max airspeed irons set. It is featured among the top best irons for high handicap and beginner golfers. You wouldn’t believe that the company has used the lightest irons and hybrids, specially designed to improve the performance of medium swing speed.
- The lighter shaft makes it easier for you to swing faster at the same tempo.
- The incredible light design helps in generating more swing speed.
- With a cavity back design, it allows golfers to hit longer and higher effortlessly.
- The best thing about this set is that it is suitable for a golfer’s pocket.
- The hybrids have higher launch capabilities.
- The overall lightweight design might fly low and long.
7. Callaway Strata Ultimate Golf Set
The strata ultimate golf set includes high-quality irons and clubs specially designed to deliver incredible performance and distance. The company has used modernized golf technology to ensure you can easily cover enough distance from tee to green. For beginners, this set includes everything that you would need to start your journey. It consists of a driver, 6-9 iron, 4 & 5 hybrids, 3 wood, putter, SW, PW, four headcovers, and a stand bag.
- The company has included the 5 hybrids that deliver long shots.
- The sturdy stainless steel is used to provide great control and forgiveness.
- A putter ensures the accuracy of your shot.
- The company has used a titanium driver to provide a better sweet spot.
- The company has used minimal technology, which does not ensure better performance.
8. Wilson Golf SGI Men’s Golf Set
Wilson is the only company that has provided over thirteen different combo sets with various lofts, bags, flexes, lengths, and grip sizes. This means you can choose the best irons according to your size.
- The 460cc driver provides a large sweet spot while improving the distance covered and head speed.
- The stainless-steel cavity is back-engineered to deliver straight and long shots.
- The clubs are made of premium material, making them better for greenside control.
- Increased performance and maximum forgiveness.
- It is available at a low cost.
- This set comes with two wood instead of 3 wood. T
9. Tour Edge Hot Launch E521
Tour Edge has manufactured the best irons for high handicap, which suits your budget and helps you improve overall performance. You should know that most beginners tend to choose E521 because it is specially designed for game improvement.
- The company has strategically placed the clubhead on improving the ball flight.
- The round shape ensures more forgiveness.
- It is manufactured using the latest technology to reduce the spin and maximize distance.
- The round shape provides a sweet spot for taking a good hit.
- It delivers a powerful sound and feels.
- Check the stock shaft and see whether it is suitable for you or not because it feels soft.
10. Ping G425 SFT Fairway Wood
Another game-changer on the list of top best irons for high handicap is the G425 SFT fairway by Ping. The company has stabilized the weight to provide straight and longer ball flights.
- The iron features a 16-degree loft to ensure playability and extra forgiveness.
- The one-piece face delivers better and faster ball speed.
- It would be great for handicapped players.
- The three-dot alignment system provides excellent ball flight.
- It produces a loud sound at the point of contact.
These are the top best irons for high handicap that you use to enhance your swing speed and other aspects of golf.